Gabriela C. Zapata
This is the second instructional module for the teaching of Spanish to heritage speakers at the intermediate level. The outcomes for this module are as follows:
1. Students will be able to understand the way in which a persuasive essay is organized and written;
2. Students will be able to continue applying the rules for the accentuation of palabras esdrújulas and agudas to improve their spelling;
3. Students will be able to understand the rules that govern the present tense in Spanish and why it is the most appropriate tense when writing a persuasive essay.
4. Students will learn the rules that govern the accentuation patterns for palabras llanas and hiatos, and they will apply these rules under instructor and peer guidance;
5. Students will apply the concepts learned to the development of a persuasive essay;
6. Students will apply the concepts learned to create and carry out an interview with a person of Hispanic origin in order to collect information about his/her work experiences in the United States.