Photograph of an interior mural in Bldg. 1941, near 1st Avenue, first floor, first room at the north end, east wall, 43" wide x 33" high. This is the Signal Corps Branch Insignia. The crossed flags alone were the original insignia for the Signal Corps since 1868; the torch was added in 1884 to represent more visibility and night time operations. The building that contained this mural belonged to DISCOM S4, Division Support Command. The building has been removed.
1 color photograph 8.5 x 11 inches
Fort Ord (Calif.)