Download Full Text (30.4 MB)
History and location of the records of Mexican Land Claims in California.
A report (93 pages) on the historical background of land tenure in California.
Provides the series of the land records of California located in Federal agencies and California and detailed background information for each category:
- Land records of the Spanish and Mexican Archives of California;
- Documents deposited in support of claims filed with the Board of Land Commissioners, 1852-1856;
- Records of Proceedings of that Board, 1851-1856;
- Attorney General's transcripts of Land Commission cases, 1852-1856; and
- Records of cases appealed to the Supreme Court from the United States District Courts in California
U.S. National Archives, Maryland
Arts and Humanities | Education | Law | Social and Behavioral Sciences
"Records of Mexican Land Claims in California, Ralph G. Lounsbury, Undated" (2016). National Archives Documents. 8.