- Submission deadline is April 17, 2017
- Submissions should be centrally focused on issues related to race/ethnicity (e.g. studies of African American, Latina/o, Asian or Pacific Islander, Native/American Indian communities in the U.S., diasporic studies, history of racialization, manifestations of critical race theory, immigration, transnationalism, intersectionality, women of color, racial and/or ethnic social movements, profiles of significant leaders or organizations within minority communities). Topically appropriate submissions are accepted from all disciplines.
- As a research paper or project, submissions must include information from multiple sources, including scholarly sources. Creative work and projects in various media substantially informed by research are accepted. A bibliography is required for all submissions.
- Students have the option of submitting a cover letter along with their paper describing its context and how it fits into the field of ethnic studies. Papers should be no more than 15 double-spaced pages (not including bibliography).
- Limit one entry per student
If you have any questions about the award or are having difficulty submitting your entry, please contact Sarah Dahlen (email@example.com).